Top 5 Cross Trainers Under £1000
Cross trainers, also referred to as elliptical trainers, are a great way to get a full body workout with minimal impact on the joints. These machines came into existence during the 1990’s and some will be self-powered while others can be plugged into the mains to activate the different electronic programmes.
The benefits of this type of machine are similar to using a treadmill, calories burned are also on par with treadmills. In addition to the running like motion there is the movement of the upper body which helps to increase and maintain a higher heart rate, which in turn develops stamina and overall muscle strength.
So let us take a look at the five different models we are reviewing today to see what features they have and if one of them stands out from the crowd as the best possible buy from the bunch.
JTX Zenith Review – Our Number 1
JTX Fitness (lowest price here!) has been in operation since 2009 and they offer a great range of fitness equipment such as treadmills, vibrations plates, rowers and exercises bikes in addition to their cross trainers. They have 3 different models within the cross trainer range and these vary in price from just under £500 to just under £1000. The Zenith is their top of the range model, so let’s take a look at its key features.
· This model is commercial gym quality, meaning you are getting the best for your money and home workout.
· It has 19 levels of electro-magnetic resistance with a 21 inch stride length.
· There are 12 pre-set programmes that include interval and heart rate target training. On addition there are customisable programmes and a fitness recovery test.
· The console displays a constant read out of stats such as speed, distance and calories burned.
· Your heart can be picked up via the sensors on the hand grips or via the chest strap that is provided with the unit.
· It has a maximum user weight of 165kg and comes with a floor protection mat as well.
· There are speakers onboard and transportation wheels.
· It comes with a 3 year in-home servicing and repair warranty, which includes all parts and labour.
The JTX Zenith is a prime piece of fitness equipment, it will give you access to the best programmes available for use at home while incorporating commercial gym based quality.
Features – 19 Programmes – Commercial gym quality – 12 Pre-set programmes – Display console – Bluetooth connectivity – console training support – Chest strap included – Floor protection mat included – Max user weight 165kg – Speakers – Transportation wheels – 3 years in-home repairs.
Pricing – High End
JTX Tri-Fit Review – Number 2
· It has an adjustable stride length from 16 to 20 inches.
· There are 16 levels of electro-magnetic resistance.
· It also has 3 levels of independent incline to make your workouts more interesting.
· It has a Bluetooth console with iConsole training included.
· There are 12 pre-programmed workouts and custom features as well.
· Heart rate training can be done either via the sensors on the hand grips or via the chest strap that is provided.
· There is a lifetime frame warranty and a 2 year in-home servicing and repair warranty that includes all parts and labour.
The JTX Tri-Fit has a lot to offer any fitness enthusiast and the addition of the variable incline makes the workout that more challenging.
Features – Adjustable stride – 16 Programmes – 12 Pre-set programmes – Bluetooth connectivity – iConsole training – Chest strap included – Max user weight 135kg – Lifetime frame warranty – 2 Year in-home service and repair warranty.
Pricing – Mid Range
ProForm Endurance 720 Review – Number 3
ProForm was founded back in 1977 and has become the world’s largest developer, marketer and manufacturer of home fitness equipment. They have an excellent range of equipment from rowers to bikes and treadmills to hybrid trainers. They have 10 different models within their elliptical training range, 3 in the compact range, 4 within the space saver range, 3 in the club series range and the one we are reviewing today comes under the Club Series range.
· It has 25 programmes apps to choose from including those aimed at speed, incline and intensity.
· The incline can be changed up to 20 degrees.
· It has adjustable stride length and 20 levels of magnetic resistance.
· Duel grip heart rate sensors.
· Bluetooth connectivity which can be used with heart rate chest straps, not included.
· The maximum user weight is 135kg.
· There is a 5 inch display screen that tracks your time, distance and speed as well as calories burned.
· There is a built in fan that will help keep you cool during training that has 2 speed settings.
· There are castors on the front to help manoeuvre the machine when needed.
· The feet can be adjusted to help keep you balanced on uneven surfaces.
The ProForm Endurance 720 is a serious piece of home fitness equipment that will not only allow you to maintain current fitness and strength levels but challenge you to attain higher ones.
Features – 25 Programmes apps – Incline of up to 20 degrees – Adjustable stride length – Duel heart rate sensors – 20 Levels of magnetic resistance – Bluetooth connectivity – Max user weight 135kg – Display screen – Build in fan – Adjustable feet for uneven surfaces – 2 Years parts and labour warranty.
Pricing – Mid Range
NordicTrack Elite 11.0 Review – Number 4
NordicTrack has over 25 years of experience within the fitness industry and they aim to bring their customers high quality equipment that innovates and demonstrates a progressive mindset. The offer ranges of treadmills, incline trainers, rowers, skiers and of course elliptical trainers. They have 12 different models that include the following ranges:
· Front Drive Series
· Mid-Mech Series
· Rear Drive Series
The one we are looking at today comes in the front drive series range and is one of 3 models available, this one happens to be the bottom end of this series but still packs a mighty punch.
· The front drive allows for adjustable stride, 18 to 20 inches, and incline while still managing to retain a small home footprint.
· Built in fan offers you the option to cool down while training.
· It has 26 workout programme apps to choose from.
· It has Bluetooth connectivity and allows you to use your own heart rate chest strap with the unit.
· There are duel hear rate sensors o the hand grips.
· It has 22 levels of magnetic resistance.
· It has transportation wheels and a water bottle holder.
· There is a music port so you can plug in any audio device,
· It has a maximum user weight of 145kg.
· There is a 5 year frame warranty and a 2 years parts and labour warranty.
The NordicTrack Elite 11.0 has an impressive range of features that will allow you to truly maximise your workouts to their fullest potential.
Features – Front drive – Incline up to 20 degrees – Adjustable stride – Built in fan – 26 Workout programmes – Bluetooth connectivity – Duel heart rate sensors – 22 Levels of magnetic resistance – Transportation wheels – water bottle holder – Music port – Max user weight 145kg – 5 Year frame warranty – 2 Year parts and labour warranty.
Pricing – Mid Range
Kettler Rivo P Review – Number 5
Kettler has been in operation for 30 years and has become a recognisable brand for fitness equipment, garden furniture and even table tennis. They also have a range of wheeled toys for children and of course the good old BBQ. Within their fitness range they offer multi gyms, rowers, training bikes, treadmills and cross trainers.
· This machine has 16 levels of magnetic resistance.
· The stride length is 16 inches.
· The LCD display lets you access information such as programmes and workout stats.
· The maximum user weight is 130kg.
· It has a sensor to allow you to connect and use your own heart rate chest strap and an alarm that sounds if you exceed your upper heart rate limit.
The Kettler Rivo P Advantage is relatively simple when compared to the others we have reviewed but it still has a lot to offer and well worth a look if you have a smaller budget.
Features – 16 Levels of magnetic resistance – 16 Inch stride – LCD display screen – Max user weight 130kg – 10 Programmes – Heart rate sensors and chest strap connectivity – Upper heart rate limit alarm.
Pricing – Affordable
As with any purchase it really is down to the induvial in question and what his or her goals are. These need to be carefully matched with the equipment on offer and within the price range that is manageable. With that said the one I would opt for out of these 5 is the JTX Zenith, the reasons for this are simple it is a commercial grade piece of equipment that you can have in your home. This means that this machine is far superior to others around it relatively price range. The range of features present wit this model are impressive and will allow you to really push yourself during each and every workout. The added bonus of the free chest strap and floor protection mat just makes it an even more desirable purchase.