Top 3 Affordable Cross Trainers
Cross trainers vary in price depending on their features, quality, components, brand name and more. If you’re looking to buy a cross trainer for use in your home, you should carefully consider what functions you want your trainer to have, as well as where you will store it, as many cross trainers are heavy and bulky items.
Once this is decided, you should review the cross trainers available within your budget. For around the £100 mark you can get a simple cross trainer which doubles up as an exercise bike. Whereas, if you can stretch your budget to a few hundred pounds, you will likely find a flashier model with more features and settings.
We’ve reviewed three of the most affordable cross trainers on the market to help you compare and choose the one that’s most suitable for you.
JTX Tri-Fit – Our Number 1
The JTX Tri-Fit: Extendable Long Stride and Incline Cross Trainer with free Polar Chest Strap (CHECK PRICE HERE!) is one of the more pricey cross trainers on our list. However, it’s compact, sturdy and stylish and mimics a professional cross trainer perfectly. Let’s see its features in finer detail.
- The cross trainer can be used by multiple users as it has a variable stride length system of between 16 and 20 inches. There are also 5 stride options to choose from.
- A powerful electro-magnetic resistance and incline control with 4 settings are built into the trainer. The incline allows you to work the core of your body at the same time as working your glutes, making it the perfect all over body workout. This combination maximises weight loss and fitness levels.
- You can personalise your workout by setting the incline just how you want it. A greater incline works the stomach and glute area. Whereas, a lower incline focuses on the legs and cardiovascular fitness.
- The cross trainer comes complete with an advanced computer which connects via Bluetooth to the iConsole app which can be downloaded for free on either Apple or Android phones or tablets. This is great as you can create a visual training tool for you to follow which gives you extra motivation during your workout.
- The cross trainer has a space saving design which makes it compact and ideal for smaller homes and spaces as it’s 30% smaller than its closest competitors. Its product dimensions are: Length – 153cm, Width – 75cm, Height – 173cm.
- Additional features and benefits include a tilting colour screen, bio mechanic multi-grip handlebars, 19 workout programs and a customisable program feature.
- The tilting colour screen constantly provides you with your workout progress, including your time, distance, speed, calories, pulse and RPM.
- There are built in heart rate programs which adjust the resistance to give an efficient and effective workout. A heart rate strap is also included with the product. In addition to this, the cross trainer features 16 levels of Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) and a 17kg flywheel.
- Ergonomic handles have be included which can be placed into multiple positions and help to provide resistance control.
- The cross trainer looks stylish due to its matte black finish.
- The maximum user weight of the cross trainer is 135kg.
- A lifetime frame warranty is included with cross trainer. A 2 year home repair warranty is also included, which covers parts and engineer call outs to your home.
The JTX Tri-Fit: Extendable Long Stride and Incline Cross Trainer with free Polar Chest Strap is a great cross trainer with so many brilliant features. The space saving design is one of its biggest benefits as it allows people with smaller homes to invest in a high quality cross trainer. The matte black finish is nice and makes the trainer look stylish and high quality. The multiple program features and variable incline and stride settings are also great and provide some excellent and challenging workouts, tailored just as you want them. The cross trainer also comes with a decent warranty, which is particularly beneficial.
Features: Variable stride length system – Bluetooth enabled computer –– Space saving design – Tilting color screen – Customisable program feature – Heart rate strap – Manufacturer’s warranty
Pricing: High end
JTX Strider-X7 – Number 2
- The JTX Strider-X7 comes with a large colour touch screen console, which is easy to use during a workout.
- There are 21 programs included with the console, including heart rate control, hill, interval and fat burning.
- The cross trainer ensures a full body workout, while providing low impact pressure to the body’s joints.
- The stride length is an impressive 16 inches.
- The flywheel featured on the cross trainer is 12.5kg and provides a quiet, smooth and stable movement, so you can be sure you’re safe when exercising and not disturbing others.
- A polar compatible wireless chest strap is included with the cross trainer.
- Other great features included with the product are: 16 levels of magnetic resistance, quick start buttons, integrated pulse receiver and non-slip pedals which are adjustable, adjustable floor pads for use on uneven flooring.
- The console allows you to create and save up to 4 of your own workout programs. This is great as it allows you to get creative and have fun while exercising.
- You can measure your body fat and pulse using the product, which is a brilliant way of monitoring your health and overall progress.
- Transports castors are housed at the front of the machine, allowing you to effortlessly transport the cross trainer for storage purposes.
- The maximum user weight is 110kg.
- The overall weight of the product is 54kg.
- The cross trainer has been designed to be robust and durable.
- The dimensions of the cross trainer are: Height: 170cm, Width: 70cm, Length: 130cm, while the maximum length when in use is 146cm.
- A 5 year frame warranty is included with the cross trainer. In addition to this, a 2 year in-home repair warranty for parts and labour is also included.
The JTX Strider-X7 Magnetic Cross Trainer packs a lot in. It’s been built to be long-lasting and durable and to provide the user with a comfortable and effective workout. The large console is great when being used during a workout and has the additional benefit of allowing you to create and save your own routines, something which you can have a lot of fun with. It’s always great to include a warranty with pricey products, such as cross trainers, and happily JTX have provided not one, but two of them.
Features: Large color touch screen console – 21 built-in programs – 16-inch stride length – Polar compatible wireless chest strap –Integrated pulse receiver – Transport castors – Manufacturer’s warranty
The York Fitness Active 120 Cross Trainer comes from a well-loved sports equipment manufacturer, known for producing high quality goods. On that note, let’s have a look at what features they’ve included with their cross trainer.
- The York Fitness Active 120 Cross Trainer can benefit beginner and intermediate users thanks to its 16 levels of magnetic resistance and 12 built in programs. These settings can be used to ensure a challenging and effective workout which works all the muscles in the body.
- Users can enjoy a comfortable workout due to the non-slip adjustable pedals attached to the cross trainer and the ergonomically designed arms.
- York Fitness is well-known in the fitness injury and has provided high quality fitness equipment throughout the world for more than 80 years. Therefore, you can be sure you’re purchasing a top-quality piece of equipment.
- The overall weight of the cross trainer is 37kg.
- An LCD screen sits on the cross trainer, allowing you to easily select the fitness program you wish to follow.
- A hand-pulse sensor and drink bottle holder are also included.
- The 7kg flywheel and three piece crank system ensures smooth operation.
- The maximum user weight is 110kg.
- Wheels have been included on the cross trainer to allow you to transport the trainer for storage purposes.
The York Fitness Active 120 Cross trainer really benefits from having a great sports name behind it. The product itself is great and does the job well. The programs and easy to use LCD screen are a joy to use and you feel comfortable and in full control when working out due to the non-slip pedals and overall design. The water bottle holder is also a nice additional feature.
Features: 12 built-in programs – Non-slip adjustable pedals – Ergonomically designed arms – LCD screen – Hand-pulse sensor – Three piece crank system – Transportation wheels
The top affordable cross trainer goes to the JTX Strider-X7 Magnetic Cross Trainer. Its retail price is very reasonable when you take into consideration all that it has to offer. The large touch screen console is beneficial when working out as it allows you to clearly see how you’re getting on and monitor your progress. While, the option to develop and save your own workouts is a unique and nice feature that many people will utilise. In addition to this, the warranty which comes with the product is great and gives you peace of mind should the product develop a fault.